Want to make a difference for Biking in Durham? Get involved now.
Current Identified Needs:
- Kidical Mass Ride Marshall — Bike Durham is helping launch a new monthly ride for parents and kids called Kidical Mass. If you have experience working with children, group rides, or just think you'd enjoy it, fill out the form below or email email@example.com with the subject line "Kidical Mass". (Time commitment: 3ish hours/month)
- Board Member — In February we'll have our annual board election. We need passionate Durhamites to accelerate biking in the city. If you have ever wanted Durham to be a safer place to bike and walk, you might be a board member. Some of the skills we need are as follows: illustration/design, planning and infrastructure knowledge, experience in government or policy, a history of organizing, bookkeeping, communications, or someone with people skills or admin skills— but we take all kinds and you might be a perfect fit.
- Social Ride Ambassador — Part of our community work is promoting social rides and measuring them. We need people who can commit to attending one monthly ride (maybe two) consistently as a Bike Durham representative. Your job will be threefold:
- collect simple data (like how many people are there and how they heard about it),
- share about the bike calendar,
- ride your bike. Huge plus if you can take quality photos! (Time commitment: 3 hours/ride/month)
- What do you love doing? What are you great at? How can you accelerate biking in Durham?